Treat BioFilm in Chlorine or Bromine Pools
Last modified: January 24, 2018 @ 12:16 am
- Test pH and adjust to 7.4-7.6.
- Brush the entire pool, with special attention to areas around skimmer, inside skimmer and areas of observed growth.
- Add an initial dose of algicide to replenish depleted levels.
- Add 1 lb. of Spot Kill® per 10,000 gallons for light to moderate growth or 2 lbs. per 10,000 gallons for heavy growth. Brush up any undissolved product from the pool surface.
- Circulate for 24 hours. Backwash the filter.
- Clean the filter with Strip-Kwik®.
- Adjust feed rate for sanitizer to ensure maintenance of at least 1 ppm free available chlorine or 3 ppm bromine residual.
- A second treatment may be needed if any biofilm remains.
This information is designed for use only with the BioGuard® brand products named in this computerized printout, and is correct to the best of BioLab, Inc.’s knowledge. BioLab is not responsible for any use of this printout with products other than the BioGuard® brand products named in this printout, and use of this printout with other products could result in improper or incorrect treatment of the pool water.