Who doesn’t love a good pizza? Add some BBQ to it and give it the KC tang! Check out the recipe below from Bull BBQ’s Jeff Parker.
- 1 pound prepared pizza dough
- Flour, for dredging and dusting
- ½ cup Bull Snortin’ Hot BBQ Sauce
- 2 cups shredded Mexican Asadero or Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 heaping cup shredded BBQ’d or grilled chicken
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Set up grill for indirect heat. Set grill top pizza stone so it’s not over the flame. Close cover and heat grill to at least 450° to 500°F. (You can also cook this directly on a well-oiled grate).
- Have all your ingredients prepared and ready. Dredge the pizza dough in flour and pat off the excess. Roll out pizza dough to desired thickness on a lightly floured surface. Top with ingredients in the order listed.
- Use a pizza peel or a cookie sheet to transfer your pizza to the stone. Close grill and cook for 5 minutes. Open grill and rotate the pizza 180 degrees. Close cover and continue cooking for another 4 to 7 minutes. Cooking time will depend on how hot your grill is. Remember that the heat escapes when you open the grill cover, so wait at least 5 minutes before checking; most pizzas should be ready in 9 to 12 minutes.
- When the cheese is melted and bubbling, use the pizza peel to remove pizza to a cutting board. Sprinkle with fresh chopped cilantro, and then slice and serve.